THE PERFECT INTRODUCTION TO RADICAL SPORTSCAR OWNERSHIP
The SR4 CS succeeded the hugely successful Clubsport/Prosport range, and remains faithful to its grassroots by remaining fast and easy to drive whilst inexpensive to own.
Its styling was inspired by the Le Mans-winning Bentley Speed 8 and it is the first step on the Radical ownership ladder. Grassroots competition pedigree and a compact two-seater body mean it’s an ideal introductory track car, as well as being a class leader on the European hillclimb and sprint scene. Just as importantly it is great fun to drive, thanks in part to its perfect weight distribution.
This nimble, agile sportscar changes direction quickly, inspiring confidence in all drivers, and has a strong, safe chassis in line with the rest of the SR range. On its launch in 2004, the SR4 immediately scooped evo magazine’s coveted Trackday Car of the Year award.
Allied to the 210bhp Powertec four-cylinder engine and its integral six-speed sequential gearbox, the SR4 CS uses Powertec’s proven Power-Drive chain drive system, with a Quaife ATB differential and reversing system. This engine breathes through a ram-air induction system for maximum performance, a feature shared with its larger brother the SR3 RS.
SR4 CS Overview
SR4 CS Standard Features
- Two-seater powder-coated carbon steel spaceframe chassis with integral safety cell - complying with MSA safety requirements.
- Aluminium front crash structures.
- 44 litre foam-filled aluminium fuel tank mounted behind the driver within the safety cell.
- Fully adjustable pedal box.
- Driver seat-belt complying wth FiA requirements.
- Four Butterfly, 35mm fuel injection system with composite ram air box
- RPE-Suzuki 1340cc 4-cylinder double overhead cam engine with a wet-sump oil system
- Lightweight steel flywheel with multi-plate clutch
- Stainless steel manifold and silencer
- Six-speed sequential transverse gearbox
- Chain drive system, torque-biasing limited-slip differential for seamless diff lock-up
- Fully adjustable Nik suspension system front and rear - unequal length top and bottom wishbones, fabricated uprights, forged steel centre lock hubs and interchangeable anti-roll links
- Single-adjustable, coil-over dampers
- Radical four-pot calipers front and rear
- 240mm dia. × 25mm, 30-vane ventilated discs front and rear
- Radical cast aluminium wheels - 7" × 13" dia. front and 9" × 13" dia. rears.
- Dunlop bespoke slick tyres.
- Four-piece lightweight fibre-glass bodywork with self-coloured gel coat finish
- Owners name on side of cockpit
- Composite front diffuser with removable, high-nose, low-drag front section
- Wheel arch and side pod louvres
- Rear view mirrors
- Composite side pods with radiator inlet and internal ducting
- Composite side-skirts
- Removeable composite tail section with intergral induction intake and ventilation grilles
- Rear wing with end plates
- Rear brake and fog lights
- Moulded composite, high-sided, drivers and passenger seats with adjustable mounts
- Carbon-composite dashboard surround
- Radical display unit incorparating an LED analogue rev counter, gear indicator, shift light, four LCD displays of engine parameters/speed and warning lights
- Dash-mounted brake bias adjuster.
- Engine performance 185bhp - 130ft/Ibs - 9,500rpm
SR4 CS Gallery
Above is a selection of Radical’s Approved Used stock. Click on the images for our full used stock listings