The Radical SR1 is aimed at the trackday driver and club racer, creating a new entry-level rung on the sports-prototype racing ladder. Combining exceptional performance and handling with LMP styling and low cost of ownership, the £29,850 SR1 reinforces Radical’s position as the world’s foremost sports-racing car manufacturer.
Designed for enthusiasts looking to take their circuit driving to the next level with a focused sports-racing car, the SR1 concept wraps up the Radical ownership experience into one easy package with a comprehensive standard specification that is ideal for trackdays and club motorsport, including circuit racing, hillclimbs and sprints.
The SR1’s LMP-inspired styling is no accident. Developed by the same team that created Radical’s SR9 LMP2 racecar, the SR1 mirrors current prototype design, while the two-seater cockpit is ideal for professional driving tuition, or even entertaining business partners and friends. Powered by the exceptionally reliable, 185bhp RPE-Suzuki four-cylinder engine - used to great effect in a wide range of Radical’s existing products - the SR1 features a six-speed sequential gearbox as standard, with a Quaife ATB differential ensuring very high levels of grip and control.
Braking is provided by 240mm, 30-vane ventilated discs with four-pot calipers that generate exceptional stopping power. Occupants are protected by a comprehensive safety cell and deformable crash structure tested to FIA standards, racing-specification harnesses and an integral fire extinguisher system. Latest-generation sportscar aerodynamics mean that the SR1 sticks to the track like only a Radical can, with grip limits far beyond the realms of its market rivals thanks to Radical-specific Dunlop slick, wet and road tyre options.
The Radical SR1 retails at £29,850+VAT; in this price range, nothing touches it for speed and trackday ability. Revving higher, braking later and cornering harder than the opposition, the SR1 humbles GT and supercars with six-figure price tags.
SR1 Standard Features
- Two-seater powder-coated carbon steel spaceframe chassis with integral safety cell - complying with MSA safety requirements.
- Aluminium front crash structures.
- 44 litre foam-filled aluminium fuel tank mounted behind the driver within the safety cell.
- Fully adjustable pedal box.
- Driver seat-belt complying wth FiA requirements.
- Four Butterfly, 35mm fuel injection system with composite ram air box
- RPE-Suzuki 1340cc 4-cylinder double overhead cam engine with a wet-sump oil system
- Lightweight steel flywheel with multi-plate clutch
- Stainless steel manifold and silencer
- Six-speed sequential transverse gearbox
- Chain drive system, torque-biasing limited-slip differential for seamless diff lock-up
- Fully adjustable Nik suspension system front and rear - unequal length top and bottom wishbones, fabricated uprights, forged steel centre lock hubs and interchangeable anti-roll links
- Single-adjustable, coil-over dampers
- Radical four-pot calipers front and rear
- 240mm dia. × 25mm, 30-vane ventilated discs front and rear
- Radical cast aluminium wheels - 7" × 13" dia. front and 9" × 13" dia. rears.
- Dunlop bespoke slick tyres.
- Four-piece lightweight fibre-glass bodywork with self-coloured gel coat finish
- Owners name on side of cockpit
- Composite front diffuser with removable, high-nose, low-drag front section
- Wheel arch and side pod louvres
- Rear view mirrors
- Composite side pods with radiator inlet and internal ducting
- Composite side-skirts
- Removeable composite tail section with intergral induction intake and ventilation grilles
- Rear wing with end plates
- Rear brake and fog lights
- Moulded composite, high-sided, drivers and passenger seats with adjustable mounts
- Carbon-composite dashboard surround
- Radical display unit incorparating an LED analogue rev counter, gear indicator, shift light, four LCD displays of engine parameters/speed and warning lights
- Dash-mounted brake bias adjuster.
- Engine performance 185bhp - 130ft/Ibs - 9,500rpm