RADICAL'S ULTIMATE RACER FOR THE ULTIMATE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
The SR8 RX is Radical's ultimate racer and it provides the definitive visceral driving experience.
Physics-defying grip, relentless acceleration and powerful brakes add up to a two-seater track car that can lap Silverstone in the same time as a Formula 3 single-seater – but at a fraction of the price.
The SR8 RX's styling and chassis have been developed to comply with the latest FIA CN class regulations, homologating the SR8 RX for international competition well into the future.
The latest generation of RPE's acclaimed 2.7-litre RPX V8 engine develops an incredible 430bhp and powers the SR8 RX through a unique RPE/Quaife six-speed transaxle. Coupled with the RPE paddleshift system and auto-blipper, flat upshifts and clutchless downshift are part of the package. This was the same specification used by Michael Vergers to set the production car lap record around the fearsome Nürburgring Nordschleife in August 2009.
With the best engine this side of a Le Mans car, it has been comprehensively proved that the Radical SR8 RX is the fastest point-to-point race and trackday car money can buy.
SR8 RX Overview
||2m 16 sec
SR8 RX Standard Features
- RPX 72° 2.7 litre V8 engine with integral 4 pump oil scavenge system, 2 oil pressure pumps and rotating vane water pump
- Two-seater, powder-coated carbon steel spaceframe chassis with integral safety cell - complying with FIA Production Sports Car Safety Structure test
- Aluminium honeycomb front crash structures complying with FIA Production Sports Car Crash Test
- Removable forward facing steel chassis stays
- 77 litre foam-filled aluminium fuel tank mounted behind the driver within the safety cell
- Fully adjustable pedal box
- Driver seat-belt complying with FIA requirements
- Eight butterfly fuel induction system with composite ram-air box
- Integral bell-housing and engine oil tank
- Lightweight steel flywheel and twin plate clutch
- Stainless steel manifold and exhaust system with twin silencer
- Powertec P-Tec six-speed sequential transaxle, interchangeable gear sets with torque-biasing limited-slip differential for seamless diff lock-up.
- Powertec transmission oil pump and radiator.
- Fully adjustable Nik suspension system front and rear - unequal length top and bottom wishbones, fabricated uprights, forged steel centre lock hubs and interchangeable anti-roll links
- Single-adjustable, mono-tube, titanium-bodied, low-friction, coil-over dampers
- Radical four-pot calipers front and rear
- 280mm dia. × 25mm, 48 vane floating front and rear discs.
- Radical centre lock, cast aluminium wheels - 8" × 15" dia. front and 10.5" × 16" dia. rears
- Dunlop purpose-designed slick tyres.
- Six-piece lightweight fibre-glass bodywork with self-coloured gel coat finish
- Owners name on side of cockpit
- High downforce composite front diffuser with removable, high nose, low-drag front section
- Central brake cooling duct connected to carbon composite brake cooling shrouds.
- Wheel arch louvres front and rear
- Rear view mirrors
- Quick-release front cockpit fairing
- Composite side pods with air management system and radiator inlet
- Composite side-skirts
- Removable composite tail section with integral engine induction intake and ventilation grilles.
- Carbon composite bi-plane rear wing with aluminium end plates
- High-downforce composite rear diffuser
- Rear brake and fog lights
- Moulded composite, high-sided, drivers and passenger seats with adjustable mounts.
- Carbon-composite dash surround
- Quick release steering wheel with collapsible column
- Radical display unit incorporating an LED analogue rev counter, gear indicator, shift light, four LCD displays of engine parameters/speed and warning lights
- Dash-mounted brake bias adjuster.
SR8 RX Gallery
Click on an image above to view the complete gallery.