Radical Sportscars is the world’s largest manufacturer and constructor of dedicated track-day and racing cars, with a global customer base of owner-drivers supported by dealers in over 32 territories. With the continued development of our global race championship framework, we are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Procurement Manager.
Reports to: Head of Supply Chain
Key requirements of the role:
- Ability to lead a small team of Buyers and Material Planners, working with pace and urgency to mitigate material shortages and liaise with key internal stakeholders – eg. Prepare for and lead the daily 9am shortages meeting with the Production Manager.
- Input into S&OP meetings, able to articulate key supply chain risks and opportunities and develop mitigation plans.
- Develops resilient sourcing strategies so that Radical can continue to grow profitably. Must have experience of resourcing / dual sourcing suppliers to prevent supply chain distress and exploit cost down / commercial advantage.
- Identifies risk areas in terms of supplier financial health and/or installed capacity and explores alternative sources to ward off this risk.
- Provides reports and data on stock control / accuracy and provides leadership to the Stores area daily.
- Liaises proactively with suppliers to improve performance; using a Balanced Scorecard approach to strive for improved Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Innovation.
Core skills / experience:
- Educated to at least A-level; degree / CIPS preferred.
- Experience of working for an automotive or industrial OEM or Tier 1 supplier highly desirable.
- Has managed a team, with good communications ability and able to engage senior stakeholders.
- SME knowledge of ERP systems / material forecasting, advanced negotiation skills and a hands-on, persuasive approach with suppliers on deliveries and eliminating bottlenecks.
- Working level knowledge on Bills of Material updates and impact assessments of Engineering changes desirable.
- Job Types: Full-time
- Salary: TBC - Annual
- Working Hours: 40 over 5 days
- Schedule: 8-hour shift
- 28 days Holiday including 8 bank holidays
- 4% Company Pension Contribution Price Match - automatic enrolment after 3 months continuous employment