The 2018 Radical European Masters season looks set to get off to a flying start at Estoril in April, with the unveiling of the first eight SR8 competitors in the newly-revitalised Masters Class.
Between the teams feature five previous outright European Masters race-winners, so it’s going to be a close contest when Radical’s pan-European championship commences on Portuguese soil. At least five of the cars on the grid are also set to be the new-shape SR8, launched mid-way through the 2017 season following extensive testing.
The current class list is as follows with more to join:
- #9 Jamie Constable/Jonathan Kennard, Valour Racing
- #20 Mark Crader, Radical Works Team
- #27 Mike Cantillon, Valour Racing
- #46 Andrew Ferguson/Jeremy Ferguson, RAW Motorsports
- #52 John Harrison, Nielsen Racing
- #61 Louis Hamilton-Smith/TBC, RAW Motorsports
- #63 Jim/Ryan Booth, Valour Racing
- #TBC International Guest car (various)*, Radical Works Team
*Radical’s International Guest car will see stars of Radical’s international championships, including the North American Masters and Australia Cup, join the European Masters.
In addition to those already listed, negotiations are ongoing that would see several more SR8s to the grid for the season start – including three former Radical champions.
The revitalised Masters class sits along the evergreen Supersports Class for SR3s, a great, cost-effective route into endurance sportscar competition and an easy step from Radical’s domestic championships. Driver’s of Radical’s RXC-platform models can join in the run too, in the Masters and Coupe classes for the RXC Spyder and RXC GT3 respectively.
Radical’s Motorsport & Engineering Director, Alex Mortimer said, “The 2018 SR8 season is set to see a huge resurgence in the class, owed to the rejuvenation of the car, championship package and addition of new technical partners most notably Hankook and Motul. Radical continues to offer near LMP performance at a cadre of grand prix circuits for a fraction of the price, making it the most accessible gent and pro-am sportscar championship in the world.”
2018 RADICAL EUROPEAN MASTERS CALENDAR
- 13 Apr 2018 - 15 Apr 2018: Estoril, Portugal
- 4 May 2018 - 6 May 2018: Paul Ricard, France
- 8 Jun 2018 - 10 Jun 2018: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
- 6 Jul 2018 - 8 Jul 2018: Hungaroring, Hungary
- 31 Aug 2018 - 2 Sep 2018: Silverstone, UK
- 21 Sep 2018 - 23 Sep 2018: Monza, Italy