2017 RADICAL SR1 SHOOTOUT
Win the Radical SR1 Shootout and receive a fully funded season of racing in the incredible 2018 Radical SR1 Cup, supported by the Radical Works Team. This prize is worth over £45,000.
Enter the Radical SR1 Shootout on either the 9th or 10th October at Rockingham Motor Speedway, UK to experience the all new Radical SR1 and be in with the opportunity to race in the 6 round, 12 race, 2018 Radical SR1 Cup.
The Radical SR1 Shootout is open to all MSA senior race licence holders. You could have many years of race and track driving or this could be your first season, you may have experience in saloons, single seaters or be transitioning from karts, but what we guarantee is that the SR1 will deliver an incredible visceral experience.
The Radical SR1 Shootout assessment entry fee is £499. Each participant will complete five assessments on their action-packed qualification day that includes:
- On-track SR1 driving session
- Race simulator test
- Quickfire media interview
- Brand knowledge
- Reaction tests
The assessment team is formed of experienced sportscar racing stars, motorsport journalists and Radical management, to select the ultimate all-round applicant for a season of racing. That full season of racing – normally retailing at £44,500+VAT – includes a bespoke Radical race suit, two days of full 1-to-1 instructor tuition in a Radical SR1 Cup before six race days, each featuring two 20-minute races. The lucky winner will become a fully-fledged Radical Works Drivers, on their way up the Radical racing ladder.
The SR1 is the entry point to the Radical range that delivers the ultimate in two-seater racing. The RPE 1340cc powerplant will propel you to 60mph in less than 3.5 seconds and deliver a top speed of 138mph. When coupled to the aerodynamic design, the downforce and mechanical grip generated delivers GT4-paced lap times.
RADICAL SR1 SHOOTOUT – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions for the SR1 Shootout (‘Competition’) held by Radical Sportscars Limited (‘Radical’)
- Eligibility – To participate in the ‘Competition’ you must be a current 2017 MSA senior race licence holder and eligible to renew in 2018.
- Entry – Initial entry is made by completing the online entry form at radicalsportscars.com/shootout. Successful applicants will then be contacted via their submitted email to confirm attendance on one of the two qualification days, with submission of the entry fee. The entry fee for the ‘Competition’ is £499 inc VAT and must be paid via credit/debit card or BACS transfer, using details supplied by Radical Sportscars. Once payment has been made, competitors will be emailed joining instructions and a confirmation of their place in the ‘Competition’. Please be sure to check any ‘Junk’ folders for the email, which will be sent separately to the payment receipt. Entries must be made by 6th October 2017.
- Places – The number of places on the ‘Competition’ is limited to the first 50 entrants who submit payment for their qualification day. In the event that one or more accepted Participants is unable to participate in the Competition, Radical reserves the right to invite the next numerical entry requestee to participate and in the event that they accept immediate payment will be required to secure entry to the Competition.
- Date and Venue – The ‘Competition’ will be held 9th and 10th October 2017 at the Rockingham Motor Speedway, UK. Competitors will need to be available to take part in one of the two qualification days. The winner of the Radical SR1 Shootout will be determined from the assessment of all competitors across a range of factors and challenges on the day. Only one winner will be selected from the two days of competition. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the 10th October 2017. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 calendar days of notification, Radical reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner based upon the predetermined criteria for selecting a winner.
- Qualification Day Format – Each participant will complete assessments on their qualification day including driving tests, media tests and brand knowledge. Driving is the main part of the assessment for the Scholarship, holding 60% of the weighting. It includes an on-track SR1 driving session, race simulator and reaction tests. Presenting yourself professionally to the media is an essential skill at all levels of motorsport. You will have to demonstrate the ability to handle a quick-fire interview. A failure to engage in all assessments will result in overall failure in the Competition.
- ‘Radical’ and Rockingham Motor Speedway will accept no liability for any injuries or ill health caused as a result of participating in the ‘Competition’. If required by Radical and/or Rockingham Motor Speedway participants must produce evidence of appropriate insurance. A failure to do so will prevent participation in the Competition.
- Judging – The ‘Competition’ will be judged by a panel of motorsport professionals, selected by Radical Sportscars and who will review performance of the assessments noted in 5. Qualification Day Format above. The judges’ decision is final and binding. Radical will not engage in objections/appeals against the judge’s decision.
- Prize – The Prize consists of:
- Entry into the 6 round, 12 race, 2018 Radical SR1 Cup
- Use of a Radical SR1 sports car for the whole season
- A bespoke Radical branded race suit
- Season supply of race tyres and race fuel
- Insurance throughout the season
- Two days of full 1-to-1 instructor tuition during the Radical SR1 Cup before six race days, each featuring two 20-minute races
- Support as a Radical Works Driver
- There is no cash alternative to the Prize.
- ‘Radical’ reserves the right to cancel or amend the ‘Competition’ and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Radical’s Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- Winner must be available to take part in the 2018 SR1 Cup season races, dates of which will be published in late 2018. Written confirmation of availability will be required by Radical and any subsequent breach of availability will attract a claim for financial damages by Radical upon the winner.
- ‘Radical’s’ decision in respect of all matters to do with the ‘Competition’ will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. The winner also agrees to fully co-operate with all reasonable requests for engagement with the media.
- The winner agrees to provide their own safety equipment compliant with MSA Year Book otherwise known the Blue Book Part 2 section K Common Regulation for Competitors: Safety
- Participation – The Participant acknowledges that participation in the ‘Competition’ is physically strenuous. The Participant acknowledge that participation in the ‘Competition’ will be physically demanding and the Participant is aware of the nature of the event and associated medical and physical risks involved.
- The Participant agrees that he/she is physically capable of competing in the ‘Competition’ and agrees to be solely responsible for his/her actions.
- The ‘Competition’ Organiser, namely Radical, its officers, employees, agents, affiliates, associated companies, sponsors or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that the Participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the ‘Competition’ (unless caused due to the negligence of the ‘Competition’ Organiser). The Participant acknowledges the exclusion of liability and indemnity provided in Clause 18 of these Conditions.
‘Competition’ Organiser Responsibilities/Liability – Notwithstanding anything in these Conditions the ‘Competition’ Organiser shall not be liable to the Participant for any liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of business, revenue or profits, anticipated savings or wasted expenditure, loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the Participant or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (notwithstanding that such loss was within the contemplation of the parties at the date of submitting the ‘Competition’ Form) arising out of the Participant taking part in the ‘Competition’ or any other matter arising under these Conditions nor for an aggregate amount greater than the ‘Competition’ Fee paid by the Participant. Without limiting the foregoing, the ‘Competition’ Organiser will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties unless otherwise set out herein.
- Accordingly the Participant hereby expressly and irrevocably renounces, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title the right to any recourse or claims whatsoever against the ‘Competition’ Organiser, its officers, employees, suppliers and/or sponsors and/or persons for whom it is answerable (“Associated Parties”) as a result of any kind of physical, mental or other loss or damage of whatsoever nature (including any loss of earnings, profits, or pain and suffering) suffered by the Participant, directly or indirectly, or by his/her family or by any dependents and caused by an event in any way relating to the Participant’s participation in ‘Competition’. The Participant hereby undertakes, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title to indemnify and hold harmless the ‘Competition’ Organiser, and the Associated Parties for any costs and/or amount, which they or any of them may be required to pay as a result of any aforesaid recourse or claim by whomsoever made. The Participant also agrees to indemnify the ‘Competition’ Organiser and the Associated Parties for any claim, actions, liabilities or losses resulting from any breach of the Participant’s declarations above and/or the Participant’s negligent acts or omissions and/or willful misconduct.
Nothing in the following Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the ‘Competition’ Organiser:
- Death or personal injury caused by the ‘Competition’ Organiser’s or that of Rockingham Motor Speedway negligence;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- Any matter which it would be illegal for the ‘Competition’ Organiser to exclude or attempt to exclude liability.
By entering this ‘Competition’, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The ‘Competition’ and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.